Thursday, August 10, 2006

God is a Saving God

Friends in Christ can you praise God with me today of His electing and saving power? I am so glad to know that I have been chosen by God and set apart for His glory! I know I am saved because I have turned from my sins and will forever live with Christ, can you say that today?

Once again I was reminded of God electing, and choosing some to salvation and how we should glory in it. Praise God for the words in the Old Testament that were given to Ezekiel the prophet. The Sovereign God of the universe has to punish sin and if a person does not repent and go to heaven it is his or her own fault. Their lack of repentance and belief puts them in hell. But people are so quick to point their finger at God and blame Him; that should not be.
In Ezekiel the Eighteenth Chapter, one reads the section, “The Soul Who Sins Shall Die.” We see these helpful words in verses 21-23, “But if a wicked person turns away from all his sins that he has committed and keeps all my statutes and does what is just and right, he shall surely live; he shall not die. None of the transgressions that he has committed shall be remembered against him; for the righteousness that he has done he shall live. Have I any pleasure in the death of the wicked, declares the Lord God, and not rather that he should turn from his way and live?”

Also verses 27-28 are key, “Again, when a wicked person turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he shall save his life. Because he considered and turned away from all the transgressions that he had committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die.”

The last few verses of the chapter are very touching for me. One reads in verses 30-32, “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, declares the Lord God. Repent and turn from all your transgressions, lest iniquity be your ruin. Cast away from you all the transgressions that you have committed, and make yourselves a new heart and a new spirit! Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord God; so turn, and live.” (All sections from the ESV)

If you have repented from the sins in your life and believed in Him rest in Christ this day. I encourage you to read and meditate on Ezekiel Chapter 18 in its context and entirety.

No comments: