Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wrestling with Predestination and Election

I remember when I was fully against the Doctrines of Grace and would argue heatedly against them. But the more I studied scripture to deconstruct the Calvinist argument's the more I became convinced that I was wrong.

The blog, Reformation Theology has great article dealing with this subject.

Here is an excerpt:

I think many pastors and teachers who believe it, do not preach about it for this very reason. The question then becomes, who are we trying to please - God or men? Jesus preached it and watched many in the crowd walk away when He pressed the claims of Divine Sovereignty in election. In John 6:65, 66 we read, "And He was saying, "For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted him from the Father." As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew and were not walking with Him anymore."

No comments: