Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Biblical Doctrine A Struggle For Some


There are many, many people that struggle with the doctrine of election. If you are one of them, I encourage you to read one of the best books that I have read on the subject Sinners in the Hands of A Good God by David Clotfelter or read a great article from Master's Seminary on the subject. This is a doctrine that once grasped will set a person free in their faith in Jesus Christ. Why? Because it is biblical and personal. It is surprising to me just how many churches are basing their beliefs on man-made traditions and not according to the Bible.

Pastor or Laity ask yourself are my beliefs based on the Bible or traditions of men? I pray that they are based on the Bible. Praise God that He is building His church today.

4 comments:

Pastor Steve said...

Can you double check the link on the Masters Seminary file? I can't get it to work. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

yes, gty.org is a great read

Chris Hinton said...

Ryan the book that lead me to an understanding of this doctrine was chosen by God by R.C. Sproul.

https://ecom.ligonier.org/product.asp?idDept=B&idCategory=TH&idProduct=CHO02BP

Anonymous said...

Good book Chris! Anything by Sproul is a good read.