Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Evangelism Means Obedience


Each and every day I am reminded of the importance of evangelism. Evangelism is something that is biblical and if you are in Christ you understand that God wants to use you in this endeavor; what an honor, what a priviledge! I think the church today, especially in the SBC, needs to be reminded that God saves and man does not. Sometimes it seems that man wants the credit for leading someone to Christ. When after all the Holy Spirit has been working in his or her life and drawing that person to Himself in salvation. (Remember great passages like John 6:44.) It is indeed true that knowone can come to the Father unless he or she is drawn. Church, God wants us to be obedient to Him in evangelism and ask people if they realize that they need their sins forgiven; which only God can do. Will you look around and seize the opportunity to see where God may be at work in a person's life?

Here is a statement on evangelism that I received that I wanted to pass along to you. I praise the Lord for the Son of God, Jesus Christ who came in the flesh. It is Christ alone that people need.

"The incarnation is the pattern for all evangelism. Jesus Christ was totally in the world yet wholly uncontaminated by it." (Everett L. Cattell)

Not the labors of my hands

Can fulfill thy law’s demands.
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All for sin could not atone;
Thou must save and thou alone.

No comments: